Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Master's

"A tradition like no other," coined by Jim Nance, one of CBS's most famed sports broadcasters. You know what it means, what it's talking about. You know the music that plays over the sights of one of the most beautiful golf courses in America. It's The Master's.

What I love about The Master's is the same thing I love about every other golf tournament; sitting in my recliner on Sunday afternoon watching the final round matches nothing else. There is nothing like getting home from church and eating a sandwich and plopping down to begin following the magic.


(AP Photo/Charlie Riedel)
There is always magic. Whether it be a miraculous shot or well, mostly it's just miraculous shots. Some guy bending his iron around a tree and dropping the ball feet from the cup. The improbable shot from the rough that doesn't look pretty but also drops the ball in the perfect spot on the green.

My favorite Master's moment still remains Tiger Woods in 2005. One of the most incredible chip shots I've ever seen, the ball just wouldn't quit rolling until it found itself in the bottom of the cup.

Moment number two would be Phil Mickelson finally winning his first major and how high the guy jumped on the 18th green. Magical.

This year's installment has begun and it won't be long before we have our "magical moment." My pick is Tiger Woods as this year's winner. He is playing with more comfort now than he has in a while. Enjoy the tournament and comment with your picks.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for the Master's myself, I'm getting so excited just thinking about it. I love the traditional aspect of it, Jim Nance is definitely right, it is "a tradition like no other".

    ReplyDelete