Monday, March 25, 2013

Let's Talk About Sports

Talking about sports is something that occurs in my life as often as blinking. I don't mean I talk about sports as much as I blink, what I mean is that everyday there is an absolute zero chance that I don't talk about sports. Even in the moment of my day I think I'm getting away from the madness, sports comes up. Talking about sports is just like talking about anything that you talk about.

So let's talk about sports. Last weekend I watched an enormous amount of college basketball. We all did and we all will next weekend. The thing about last weekend was that I haven't really watched that much college basketball during the entire season. Probably since last March when we did this same thing. The difference in this year's madness is my bracket being entered amongst a group of peers. This made everything so much more interesting, the constant checking of our rankings thrilled each of us. Even those of us, myself included, near the bottom of the standings.


Twitter also made a difference. Last year I enjoyed each of my 30 or so followers. Yup. I know, this was big time. (so..... follow @chrisbrannick85). Now, with a substantial difference in that number and an equal difference in my involvement on the social media site, following the games became so much more.


I like to talk about sports and irrelevant are my successes in a game between friends. What is more important to me is to talk about sports more. Yes. More. We want more, we want more. My postings on here just aren't enough. Similar to my early days as a user of Twitter or even more fascinating, my early days as a Facebook user, as in I didn't own a computer and cell phones didn't offer such a unique app. The hope is that like my use in any social media app, my presence on this blog will be so much more in the future. Preferably in the near future. It's not like sports ever take a break anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment